Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 01-07-2021, 04:55 PM
Supporting Member

I see, I just reload on a Hornady classic and a Hornady AP. I’ve never seen a die that doesn’t work snd I reload with 63 sets of dies snd some of them are dual purpose such as the 6BR and 20 br, 17&20killer bee and the 223&20 practical. So I’m highly experienced with a lot of different dice and cartridges but not very experienced with several different types of presses.

Yes Al, that is what Neil suggested as a fix and I now have an extended SH on order. And I may not have been clear but Neil made it VERY clear that he didn’t want the dies back, he was NOT going to fix the misspelled name. And then there is still a frosted case issue that I didn’t even get a chance to tell him about. There are NO negotiations with the NeiL or at least there wasn’t when I spoke to him yesterday. He didn’t respond to my email that had the pictures and everything clearly marked out but he did take my phone call.

I just don’t understand it and I REALLY wish you was correct about Mr. Jones addressing the lettering issue on the dies. Mr. Neil Jones made it clear that the ONLY solution is an extended shell holder and that was it. Maybe easily reached with mr. Jones but I can’t even stand to look at the dies after this horrible experience.

Thank you very much L for your offer On both the extended shell holder as well as trying to find a solution to my problem. I’ll get it figured out one way or the other but unfortunately unless NeiL what happened to rethink it and call me back which would be very surprising I don’t see a solution through Mr. Jones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Nyhus View Post
It all depends on the press dimensions. For example, in one of my presses, I needed them for the .17 Javalina, 221 Fireball and 17 Mk4. In another one, they aren't required.

Why not try an extended shell holder and make sure the dies work n your press? If so, get back with Mr. Jones and address the lettering on the dies. I'd bet a solution would be easily reached.

If for some reason you don't want to buy an extended shell holder to try, I'm sure I have an extra I can send your way. -Al
Old 01-07-2021, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLWenzl View Post
Thank you very much for your offer On both the extended shell holder as well as trying to find a solution to my problem.
You're welcome, sir.

Tell me about this "frosted" brass.......
Old 01-07-2021, 07:00 PM
Supporting Member

After spending that much money I would find someone to fix your shoulder issue, re-engrave the dies and polish them if needed to get rid of the frosted brass issue. Can't see just tossing out 800 bucks because your are pissed off, though quite rightly to be.
Old 01-07-2021, 08:36 PM

Default Neil Jones

Before you start bashing someone , maybe you ought to tell the whole story. Neil has made a lot of stuff for me , and is making a .14/221 Walker die right now. So if anyone wants the whole story . I suggest you call or e-mail Neil .
Old 01-07-2021, 08:48 PM
Supporting Member

I’m sorry you took it like I’m bashing somebody it’s not a personal attack on NeiL I was just telling the truth it sounds like you know Neil side of the story go ahead and tell it, that ain’t gonna offend me and I recommend the same thing let the truth be known I have nothing to hide I have nothing to gain or lose it was purely for other people do you have food for thought instead of blindly trusting somebody to deliver the goods On their word alone. I would love for everyone to know NeiL‘s side of the story that you know because I think you know.

Yes I was deeply hurt by this and still lamb play no way am I condemning Neil For making a mistake. I make plenty of my own.
Old 01-07-2021, 08:49 PM
Supporting Member

And I was upfront with NeiL, I let him know that this was what I was going to do.
Old 01-07-2021, 08:58 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
After spending that much money I would find someone to fix your shoulder issue, re-engrave the dies and polish them if needed to get rid of the frosted brass issue. Can't see just tossing out 800 bucks because your are pissed off, though quite rightly to be.
Good point And like I said in one of my previous post I think I found a machinist that will do the work and a guy that will do the laser engraving. However if the total cost exceeds $100, It might be best just to get a set of dies from Hornady. I suppose in time the hurt feelings will heal I can use the dice without feeling bad every time?

At this point I am not as concerned about the 17 jet dies. But I really have a heart ache with a 17 Wenzl special dies.
Old 01-07-2021, 09:35 PM
Supporting Member

I can’t afford them either and if it wasn’t for something I thought was going to very special to have in the family I wouldn’t have done this either.

Last edited by GLWenzl; 01-07-2021 at 09:38 PM.
Old 01-08-2021, 01:57 AM
Supporting Member

Email and photos sent. Also sent to a couple other members here and one lives pretty close. He may be able to help Rick.

This is the bad thing about Saubier, you guys all spoil me so when I run into someone being sarcastic and not willing to help it is harder to take lol

I’ll be in touch Aaron, your generous offer means a lot to me but thinking I might be able to get it all done locally here. My son is talking to a guy he knows who does laser engraving.

Not sure about the finish yet but it be nice to get the white on the micrometer scale that is on the die body a consistent way. Some of the scale is harder to read another’s parts. The thimble scale this easy to read. Some say the numbers are upside down I could care less which direction they are pointing
Old 01-08-2021, 04:26 AM
Supporting Member

Last edited by GLWenzl; 01-09-2021 at 12:52 PM.