Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2019, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickiesrevenge View Post
CZ makes a lefty 22H?
Aaron
My understanding is that they did at one point, but don't anymore. I saw one on gunbroker a number of years ago (may have been an older BRNO model rather than a CZ 527). Either that...........or my memory is faulty. Wouldn't be the first time.....

Dunno if a LH .223 CZ527 action could be reworked to run right with a Hornet case, as the Hornet rim is .028" or so smaller than the .221FB-through-.222Mag rim. .350" vs .378". May well be workable, especially if a RH application Hornet extractor can be modified to work in a LH action.

The feed lips are in the mag on this series, so that shouldn't be a problem so long as a Hornet CZ mag is used. I'm willing to give it a go. The .30 Carbine case (which is the parent for the Garin cartridge line as well as the old 5.7 Johnson) has a .360" rim. Only .018" less than the .221 Fireball/etc rim.

I'm also an Aaron....

Last edited by Eccentric; 05-24-2019 at 06:29 AM.
Old 05-24-2019, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill K View Post
A 20 and a 17 hornet would make a fine pair for shooting various varmints. Bill K
Bill, I have a Savage varmint single shot in .22H and I will add that to the list as well. Mine loves the 40 Vmax at 2900. There is something to be said about over 500 rounds per pound of powder.
Old 05-24-2019, 03:31 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickiesrevenge View Post
CZ makes a lefty 22H?
Aaron
Nope!. If they had I would own a bunch. The only LH 22 Hornet is the Browning. Had two of those but a good buddy finally begged one of them off of me. Even those are no loner made and selling for BIG bucks if you can ever find one.
Old 05-24-2019, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moorepower View Post
Bill, I have a Savage varmint single shot in .22H and I will add that to the list as well. Mine loves the 40 Vmax at 2900. There is something to be said about over 500 rounds per pound of powder.
You have the correct. More shots per buck spent on powder helps a person enjoy shooting that much more. And three fine calibers in a small package. Bill K