Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 07-19-2017, 02:14 AM

I couldn't get there either. Then on Google, I typed in just, James Calhoon, nothing else and it took me to a menu board and I clicked on Home Page and it took me right there.

Jim D---
Old 07-19-2017, 04:44 AM
Supporting Member

Doug, I don't understand it can't access through any of the links, firefox or internet exporer.

Johno
Old 07-19-2017, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B23 View Post
Just give him a call, he is a real character and a lot of fun to chat with. I've talked to him on multiple occasions and ordered a few different things from him and every time he was a lot of fun to talk to. He doesn't have a lot of "filter" so if you are the sensitive type or maybe on the liberal side, it's possible you won't enjoy the conversation all that much. I'm not sure how old Jim is but I think he's getting up there in age but like I said, he's a character and definitely one of those kind of guys that does not beat around the bush.
I have to agree, liberals may be more comfortable just getting their business done and back to their safe space. But then again, he is a really pleasant and fun guy. A wealth of information and knowledge. He is a personal friend of mine and my buddy Dan's. Jim stays here when he comes for business or to go to car races or car shows. I think he is 58 or 59 - that is only old if you are 20. Anyway, calling between 9 and 1 is probably best.
Old 07-19-2017, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilA. View Post
I have to agree, liberals may be more comfortable just getting their business done and back to their safe space. But then again, he is a really pleasant and fun guy. A wealth of information and knowledge. He is a personal friend of mine and my buddy Dan's. Jim stays here when he comes for business or to go to car races or car shows. I think he is 58 or 59 - that is only old if you are 20. Anyway, calling between 9 and 1 is probably best.

For some reason I thought he was in his late 60's or so, my bad. Regardless, he has always been very good to me and always enjoy chatting with him.
Old 07-31-2017, 04:43 PM
Supporting Member

I have the "S" Calhoon adapter and it does not seem to function well with mine. I think the extra .050 on the AH makes a difference. The adapter works great on the other cartridges I have tried.
Old 07-31-2017, 08:55 PM
Supporting Member

Hmmmm..........

EDIT #2: I hit the link from the unknown individual above (who has now used the delete function, and with his link they have both gone poof!!) and in the blink of an eye I was on Calhoon's home page....??

I'll add the link back into the discussion below.....

http://jamescalhoon.com/

Never tried one of his followers as I'm not a big CZ follower....

EDIT #!: Oh my........... LMAO - My voicemail tells me that I've been officially chastised for bad computer behavior by someone whom I thought everyone knew........... Maybe I should have disclosed the full name like in the link below and not just the last name...??

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/voters...ults-reporter/

Political correctness must endure for everyone.............

-BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine

Last edited by Bayou City Boy; 08-01-2017 at 12:52 AM. Reason: spelling.................and political correctness.....
Old 07-31-2017, 11:42 PM

Send a message via MSN to 17rimfire

I've had good luck with the "S" model in my 17 ackley Hornet and reasonable luck with it feeding 17 squirrel cases. It's not a perfect feed every time but it's usually in how and where I place it on the follower. Once you figure that out it works very well.
Old 08-01-2017, 08:12 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayou City Boy View Post
Hmmmm..........

EDIT #2: I hit the link from the unknown individual above (who has now used the delete function, and with his link they have both gone poof!!) and in the blink of an eye I was on Calhoon's home page....??

I'll add the link back into the discussion below.....

http://jamescalhoon.com/

Never tried one of his followers as I'm not a big CZ follower....

EDIT #!: Oh my........... LMAO - My voicemail tells me that I've been officially chastised for bad computer behavior by someone whom I thought everyone knew........... Maybe I should have disclosed the full name like in the link below and not just the last name...??

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/voters...ults-reporter/

Political correctness must endure for everyone.............

-BCB
You're right. Silly of me not to want to be addressed by my last name on a web site after the above posting on the news. Possibly it's like your using Bayou City Boy as a user name instead of being called Hal Butts your actual name? As long as we're all friends and know each other and everything, what the heck, huh Butts .
Old 08-01-2017, 01:05 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by montdoug View Post
You're right. Silly of me not to want to be addressed by my last name on a web site after the above posting on the news. Possibly it's like your using Bayou City Boy as a user name instead of being called Hal Butts your actual name? As long as we're all friends and know each other and everything, what the heck, huh Butts .
Gees........

This is much nicer and welcomed in contrast to some of the names that you've call me in PM's where no one else can see it (So "technically" it never happened, right? ) And all because a year or so ago I truthfully posted about two varying answers that I got in a 24 hour period from your beloved Hornady "Technical Department" concerning 17HH brass issues. Apparently answers that you didn't want exposed, or something....?

That's silly in spades..........

-Boy

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine

Last edited by Bayou City Boy; 08-01-2017 at 01:44 PM.
Old 08-01-2017, 03:50 PM
Supporting Member

Oh-oh, truths out, I'm a Hornady shill . Butts, you such a funny guy !
I don't even remember what the particular snarky comment was, it was just my day to be made little of, I'm in good company though what with the rotating target plan your on. Sad, sincerely .
Via con Dios Hal.

Swift 220, sorry about the major Hi-jack! Hope ya get through to em, it's a well thought out and nicely executed addition to the 527's IMO and I am a CZ fan.

Last edited by montdoug; 08-01-2017 at 04:27 PM. Reason: repair spelling