Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 07-21-2017, 08:21 PM

And don't forget that the newer computers and external drives have USB 3.0 capability, which is 10 times faster than USB 2.0. Makes back-up much faster.
Old 07-21-2017, 09:19 PM

Having your pics on your home system and making them available for third party display are very different things.
Old 07-22-2017, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashhole View Post
Having your pics on your home system and making them available for third party display are very different things.
Exactly right.
Old 07-22-2017, 06:21 PM
Supporting Member

Not sure I follow being as computer challenged as I am. I have beau-coups photos in folders and collections on my computer and in external hard drives. A lot of those photos I copy, put in my upload folder and upload to "Photobucket, IMGUR, Hunt101" etc. I can then post them on sites and such but I still have the original on my computer or external hard drive, right?
In theory I could upload em to all three of those hosting sites if I wanted and still have the originals at home. Am I understanding that right? I know I just went in my collections and found the originals that are currently hosted on those sites and adorn some of my posts here at Saubier.com but I still got em here...right....
Thanks for the help guys .
Old 07-22-2017, 06:40 PM

Doug, you are way too modest in regards to your computer skills. This photobucket thing does not effect me at all. That's because I have never been able to master the photo posting thing, at all! Still, I feel for all you guys as I surely do enjoy all the pictures that have been shared with the rest of us.
Old 07-22-2017, 09:14 PM

Default Photobucket...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramos View Post
Doug, you are way too modest in regards to your computer skills. This photobucket thing does not effect me at all. That's because I have never been able to master the photo posting thing, at all! Still, I feel for all you guys as I surely do enjoy all the pictures that have been shared with the rest of us.
Exactly my feelings also Ramos. And the level of my skill, only one place could I ever get photo's too post, and the VHA site went down.
However I have been able to start and am doing so, a photo album in the Community side of Saubier. So will have too live with that. Bill K
Old 07-22-2017, 10:59 PM
Supporting Member

I always keep a copy of the photos I upload to photobucket on my computer, but I still went and downloaded all my photos from photobucket and put them in an seperate folder on my computer.

A week ago I got the email from PB about paying the extortionist fee and a day latter got the same email, I then clicked on the "unsubcribe" in those emails.

Out of curiosity I went and checked a couple of threads I started on Saubier to see if my photos had been replaced with the PB icon, sure enough they had.

Well today I went and checked and my photos are back I'm assuming that won't last, perhaps PB is having a few technical issues due to people trying to download photos.

One thing I can say is that I wouldn't have enough storage on Suabier to post these threads again.........Kiwi

http://www.saubier.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31382

http://www.saubier.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31368

http://www.saubier.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10488

http://www.saubier.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29444
Old 09-24-2017, 04:31 PM

A temporary fix has been found that works with Firefox and Google Chrome browsers
http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f196/eas...ictures-62731/
Old 09-25-2017, 01:55 PM
Supporting Member

if you are gonna pay get Smug mug $40/ year is cheap to know they are safe

ML
Old 09-26-2017, 10:32 PM

Death to Photobucket.

I was able to download the pics I wanted to save. The hundreds if not thousands of threads I posted pics in now show the stupid - update your account - symbol.

Death and ugly pox on them. I hope the site goes under.

I started using imgur.