Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 04-23-2019, 01:52 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17VLD View Post
I’m sure most of us would have bought it too
That scope will go nicely on a 416 Rigby
Matt
That is more to its purpose than a 22 Hornet. It will go in a drawer until "something suitable" in the way of a rifle comes along..... I have a 416 Rem Mag but I chose not to scope it when I bought it......

-BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine

Last edited by Bayou City Boy; 04-25-2019 at 09:34 PM.
Old 04-23-2019, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17VLD View Post
I’m sure most of us would have bought it too
That scope will go nicely on a 416 Rigby
Matt
I was thinking that scope would go great on my .460 Weatherby Mag.
Old 04-23-2019, 04:37 PM

I put a 2.5x M8 Leupold on my M77 in 458WM.
Old 04-23-2019, 05:23 PM
Supporting Member

It's really not for sale, but if anyone is seriously interested for their big bore rifle, shoot me a PM here with your thoughts and I'll further describe the scope which is now off the rifle. It will fit just fine in a drawer as I mentioned earlier. It is not the newer VX-3i. It is the older Vari-X III model.

-BCB

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

Old 04-23-2019, 06:52 PM
Supporting Member

Default You just have to do what you have to fo

Nice score, I'm not a Browning fan or a hornet fan but I love neat esoteric stuff and I would have grabbed that.
Old 04-23-2019, 09:05 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Miller View Post
Nice score, I'm not a Browning fan or a hornet fan but I love neat esoteric stuff and I would have grabbed that.
Chuck, I couldn't have described my feelings yesterday morning any better than you did here. Any other Browning Micro rifle/cartridge combination and I wouldn't have given it a second thought. Esoteric is the key word....

-BCB

Old 04-23-2019, 11:35 PM

I’ve had one for awhile now and I love it. Why Browning discontinued them is a mystery to me. The last one I saw on Gunbroker went for $1825.00. Nice find. Dave
Old 04-25-2019, 05:59 PM
Supporting Member

The 1.5x5 "African rifle" scope is in a drawer and a more 'Hornet appropriate" scope is now aboard the Browning............ It's a Leupold Freedom 4x12x40 scope.

I'll get it sighted in tomorrow if the rain holds off............ I hope the rifle is a shooter.

EDIT: I got a text telling me that the finish on the rifle stock looks terrible. It does look unusual in the picture above, but its a product of poor light, a cell phone camera, and me as the photographer... As I stated several days ago, the stock is in great shape except for a couple of very minor dings that look gun safe related. I have no idea why it looks like it does in the photo other than what I related above.

-BCB

Last edited by Bayou City Boy; 04-26-2019 at 06:11 PM.
Old 05-05-2019, 03:50 PM
Supporting Member

I guess i should update this after shooting the Brownng a bit. I sighted in and shot the rifle with some PPU 22 Hornet factory ammo loaded with 45 grain lead tipped bullets and some Hornady factory ammo loaded with 35 grain V-Max bullets.

The rifle like both choices and shot inside of 1" squares at 100 yards with both. It really liked the 35 grain Hornady stuff, however. All in all, I'm very pleased........ Another Hornet to feed.

I realize that none of it happened without pictures of targets, but it has rained a lot here in the past few weeks, so looking at targets through a spotting scope was much easier than waiting for a target dude to truck downrange through the mud. At the range where I shot the rifle, they were using up all available targets before changing them all out at one time, and I didn't want to spend the extra time waiting for a target change.

-BCB