Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 08-07-2022, 06:03 AM

Default Finally, Forstner Bit Storage I’m Happy With

Thought I would share this in case it might be of use to anyone else.

I bought this case about a year ago after living with a couple storage options that I really didn’t care for.

https://www.infinitytools.com/famag-...SABEgJpvPD_BwE

I had made a couple different racks that I had built and was about to make a tray with foam inserts to reside in the drawer one of my tool cabinets when I stumbled on this case and decided to give it a try. It has it going over a tray because I can take it over to the drill press and be able to change bits and securely close it so that should anything happen and it falls the bits are secure and will not land cutting edges down on the concrete floor. They always land cutting edge down. We know that because Isaac Newton assures us that as they fall they are going to align the heavy end toward the center of the earth.

I have a small fortune invested in Forstner bits and frequently am changing bits with my work clamped or screwed down so that I will be able to cut a shouldered hole that is perfectly concentric and have worried myself silly over having a bit that isn’t secured in the drill chuck or where it is stored when not in use.
Old 08-07-2022, 03:42 PM

That case is nice. I think I may get one as well. I'm in the process now of building a new shop and will add this in to some ideas for it.
Old 08-07-2022, 04:39 PM

[quote=JDHasty;304842]Thought I would share this in case it might be of use to anyone else.

I bought this case about a year ago after living with a couple storage options that I really didn’t care for.

https://www.infinitytools.com/famag-...SABEgJpvPD_BwE

JD, how about a photo or two of the rack, etc and how it is set up in your shop ?
Old 08-07-2022, 09:54 PM

The racks I made had Rockler inserts and I gave them away. I may have a photo that has them in it. I still need to learn a new way of posting photos here too.

The Infinity case fits a shallow drawer in my old New Britton roll around cabinet. There is a photo of it in the linked page above.