Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2016, 01:00 AM
Supporting Member

Texts, not just no but Hexl NO. Kenny

I pride myself in being able to make decisions with little information.
Old 04-21-2016, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montdoug View Post
I don't do a social media and not gonna in the future, I'm an old talk to em on the phone kinda guy. That said, I wish your endeavor well and hope it outperforms your expectations .
Same here
I'll pass, but good luck
Old 04-21-2016, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicero View Post
I plan to use face book, right after I use the self checkout at the store.

First I plan to find out how to get messages off my obsolete cell phone.

I don't even turn it on unless I need to make a call. Kenny
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenbro View Post
And I thought it was only me!
Ken.
No you guys aren't the only ones, my hunting partner just got a new phone because his old one wasn't supported any more, they sent it to him otherwise he'd have just scratched his head when the old one quit working. Hates all that new fangled stuff he says, then spends half his time asking me to use my IPhone to look something up or how to get somewhere. Heck he can't even tune off the alert tones on his new one, told him to read the instructions but he won't do it.:roll eyes:

Voice mail was never set up on the old one and won't be on the new one either, took him two weeks to get his phone numbers moved to the new one, text messages...now there's a joke. Yesterday his phone went off while a Gobbler was starting to show some interest in his calling and blew that one...

Hilarious, glad I was in another blind several hundred yards away.
Old 04-21-2016, 12:03 PM
Supporting Member

I like the idea of a Small Caliber FB page... It should get our message out there more. While I'm not a big fan or user of FB I do have a page that my oldest set up for me about 5 years ago (or longer). Rarely go to it because like Ramos the mechanics of it confusing as hell and the fact there is usually not much interest on there for me. I don't care if someones cat slept on there shoes all night or to be-friend 20 people I never heard and have absolutely nothing on common with...

A FB page with a small caliber bent I could get interested in and may be able to figure out the mechanics of FB a bit more.
Old 04-21-2016, 12:49 PM

Facebook! It is the internet 20 years ago only wrapped in a graphics package. It is old technology, the old post and reply one right after another format.

If you can master logging on here, you can log on there.

Once you log on good luck finding anything, no structure, no organization. You are never sure who can see what or say what. Once you start a conversation good luck finding it again.

And at first level anti gun. Don't offer one for sale.

If some one disagrees with what you say they punch up the report button say something totally unsubstantiated and you get banned.

Otherwise it is a nice little general chit chat place.
Old 04-21-2016, 02:20 PM

On Facebook It is a benefit to be able to post photos easily, I always have problems here.

On FB I find that I communicate very little due to the potentially large audience.
Old 04-21-2016, 07:01 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald D. View Post
. Yesterday his phone went off while a Gobbler was starting to show some interest in his calling and blew that one...

Hilarious, glad I was in another blind several hundred yards away.
That may have been great phone call timing had he set up the gobbler or clucking ring tone lol

I recently called Verizon and the female voice on the other end said thank you for being a loyal Verizon wireless customer since 1994 then a short pause followed by a giggle and then she said you have you've had a cell phone for a long time, I wasn't even born yet. I told her that I actually got my first one in 1987. I've had to change up outdated phones more than once. Also had to move my service truck to the top of the hill and stand on the cab roof trying to find the parts I need for the equipment I was working on. I started that 'can you hear me now'!

Anyway as far as FB is concerned I really had no interest in it but signed up to see what my kids are involved with. There are guys I met from here that seldom post here but do on FB. I feel like I got to know them (and in some cases their families) better. I don't see FB as better or worse than say here just another social thing like Saubier.com that can gobble up some of your time if you allow it too. (Well other than posting pictures lol)

Last edited by GLWenzl; 04-21-2016 at 07:04 PM.
Old 04-21-2016, 11:52 PM

The difference is all the data you post on FB is theirs to do with as they please, they make money (a LOT of it) from the sale of this data.

You are being watched. You are being steered. You are being manipulated.

It's not paranoia, its fact.
Old 04-22-2016, 05:32 AM

You're being watched whichever site you visit, if it's open to the public, like most are.
Ken.
Old 04-22-2016, 08:27 PM

Not to the extent data-mining business plan outfits do, such as anything Google, FB. Private websites and forums have the ability to refuse this activity.

Google is essentially a legal mob protection scheme. You pay 'protection', or you lose business. Its NOT a search engine, its a steering engine. Monetizing someone elses work (content).