Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 01-19-2020, 09:45 AM

Do you have a dedicated trickler or are you only using the dippers to tickle the powder? Personally I use the dippers to get the load close to the weight then trickle the rest of the powder in with a trickler. The graphite can be found at most hardware stores and is relatively inexpensive.
Old 01-19-2020, 02:52 PM

Ivory bar soap dissolved in water dip the dippers completely let dry do not wipe off, after some time you will have to reapply. This is what LEE recommends, I have been doing this for 40 plus it works. I have made and use brass dippers too but the plastic are way more convenient for dribbling.

I have also coated my charge pans in the winter or when the static from wind storms gets real annoying. helps to have extras, stopping to coat one and wait for it to dry is even more annoying

Both metal and plastic pans
Old 01-20-2020, 08:47 AM

I've done the brass case dipper thing with 9mm and 45auto cases. I chamfer the flash hole pretty deep from the inside so powder doesn't get caught in the flash hole, and seat a spent primer backwards to plug the hole. Then trim the case to get the volume you want and solder on a piece of scrap romex (plain copper household wire).
Old 01-20-2020, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyrod View Post
I've done the brass case dipper thing with 9mm and 45auto cases. I chamfer the flash hole pretty deep from the inside so powder doesn't get caught in the flash hole, and seat a spent primer backwards to plug the hole. Then trim the case to get the volume you want and solder on a piece of scrap romex (plain copper household wire).
Had not thought of that, guess that will be todays project flash hole and primer flipping