Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Project Guns

Old 05-30-2019, 03:12 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewh View Post
I actually sent them a question about that and the answer I got back was LT30 would probably work better - In his opinion the TCM powder was too fast for the regular TCM in a pistol even People who have been around here for a while will recognize the name Rob Behr, he does the load development and testing for western powder.
Drew
And don’t forget, Rob has put out one of the best reloading manuals ever!!! I refer to it almost daily for about the last three months.

On the powder question did he say anything about 11FS in the tcm? I recently started working up loads with it in the 32-20 and the 25-20 just to see if I get any improvement over Ramshot Enforcer (which has been working out extremely well). I need to get back to developing loads for the TCM with TCM and 11 FS.

That’s some of the best part about this business, experimenting and see what works and what doesn’t

I think 1680 might be like magic in the 20 tcm
Old 06-04-2019, 02:47 PM
Supporting Member

Default 20 tcm

There was a guy looking for a XP 100 "rifle" stock and I didn't remember where I got mine so I did some digging. Found some at Emma Gun Works.

Been a few years but I had shoulder issues when it came to the "reach" when sighting my scope on the XP pistol. That's the reason I went to the rifle stock from the center grip pistol stock. Man oh man do I love that rifle and it's still chambered in .221 Fireball. Just had it re barreled with a 24" Shilen and changed the trigger to a Rifle Basix. Deadly accurate. Shoulder issues went away so I was back to building SPs.
Drug out the XP converted rifle and did some looking. The question always comes up about feeding of the "20 TCM" in different actions and what would work best?
Just happened to lay a 22 TCM round into the XP action and closed the bolt a bit. Not all the way but just enough to see how it would feed. Smooth as silk.Works like a dream.
Now, if only the XP was a left hand action. Almost tempted to pick up another XP action chambered in .221 Fireball and re chamber in to my 22 TCM. Once you go to a lefty action and shoot it right handed (right hand stays on the stock for control while your free left hand works the bolt and feeds ammo) it's hard to go back. For bench work, nothing better.
Old 06-05-2019, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrocMax View Post
http://www.accuratepowder.com/produc...25&product=TCM

Does it not work worth a darned in the cartridge it was marketed for?
It shows for a .22 not .20. Perhaps the smaller bore is why it needs a little slower powder?
Old 06-05-2019, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewh View Post
I will get a picture of the rifle up later. As you might imagine trying to take a rifle outdoors to take pictures in an apartment complex in the communist territory of CA might cause an uproar.
It must be a "sniper" rifle Might be more scary than an AR
Old 06-05-2019, 09:14 PM
Supporting Member

Just saying the word "RIFLE" makes everybody freak out.
Like nobody has guns in your neighborhood?