Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Bullet Making

Old 01-07-2019, 06:09 AM

I'll easily agree with you on this, I am in error, but there is no actual exposed lead, it is bonded into the bullet as a component of the brass alloy. Clearly not your standard lead bullet.

Last edited by 17tbs; 01-12-2019 at 07:02 PM.
Old 01-19-2019, 10:37 PM

[quote=17tbs;275947]Bill, these are probably not HP, correct? And you are in NCal? If you do not like them or would like a HP instead, I'll trade for some Lehigh Defense 18gr non lead HP.

Late with a answer. No they are a full jacket type, no hp. I have not had a chance to try them yet, other than load a couple and fired them at a target and they look like they will do well, grouping and all. So for when I must go to all lead free, they will work.
I do shoot the 18 grn lead free and the 20 grn hp's by LeHigh and they do okay, but are don't seem to hold up as accurately beyond that. But the lead free from LeHigh is another option for 17 cal to be legal in the coming lead free state of Commie California. Bill K

I should add that I have shot more than one coyote, called in and within 100 yrds with both the 17hmr tipped and the LeHigh's in 17 Fireball. entry is small and they have not exited, just seem to gel the lung/heart area.
Old 01-20-2019, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtv3062 View Post
Click your link scroll to the right and look around until you find the sku. Look down from there to where it reads "lead free" and look to the left
of that and it reads "no" that's the description of those bullets the 18 grain ones and not a general description of the brand.

Now what would a game warden use to determine if those 18 grain bullets are lead free of not?

Now go to the 20 grain bullets and do the same search there and you'll see that those are lead free.

I'm not here rfigh over this but to point out it says "not lead free"
Good eyes.