Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 05-24-2017, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtg View Post
My happy hunting ground in Vernal Utah is about gone, the rancher figured out how to gas them (pdogs) and has been real effective.

Rick in Oregon; I have shot squirrels from outside of Boise to nearly Ontario Oregon and they are a ton of fun.

I guess now my best bet is Eastern Wyoming, long ways to go but hey I'm going into withdrawals.

Thanks guys for the replies. sgtg out
The rancher in Vernal. His initials weren't W.G. by chance were they?
Old 05-31-2017, 12:18 AM

Default Rosebud

Just got back from 5 days on the Rosebud. I've been going out for several years now, staying at Salt Camp Cabins on the res. I only use .20's and dope the wind. This year was challenging with wind up to 35 mph between showers and hail. I still managed to go through 1500 rounds and sent a pile of dogs to the great beyond. Didn't get my usual 90% hit rate though.
Yeah, the guide mostly sits in truck, occasionally getting out to spot dogs and the license is $93 for anything over 3 days. Don't know what else the guide would do though. He did help sit up and tear down the table for me. You need a guide to stay on tribal land. The whole res is pockmarked with non-reservation land that would require a SD non-resident license. I did burn up almost two tanks of gas going to many different dog towns trying to stay out of the worst weather. Last Friday, the weather cooperated except for the wind and I got off around 500 rounds. Lot of two-fers with the pups!
No requirements for lead free bullets but there is some ambiguity about suppressors. The tribal website says no but the guide says okay.
Old 05-31-2017, 02:00 AM
Supporting Member

Sounds like a decent option for us, albeit a long haul from Central California. How much is the guide fee?

Thanks
Allen