Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Bullet Making

Old 12-04-2007, 11:43 PM

Default Question on 20 caliber black hole bullets

Please bear with me here because i am new at this. I found a very interesting article on this page about these bullets that they are cupped on the end and also have the plastic tip. Could someone please tell me where to find the bullet dies for this and where to buy the plastic tips? Also could anyone put me in touch with the man that used to make these bullets? I am very interested in starting my own type of bullet like this. I feel like in the 20 caliber cartridge a bullet from 35 grains to a 60 grain would be perfect for this caliber. It would open it up to a thousand yard cartridge. Like i said please bear with me because i am new at this. thank you very much for your time.
Jamie
Old 12-05-2007, 12:37 AM
Supporting Member

No real help but here is what they look like

Old 12-05-2007, 05:34 PM

Default Try...

I do recall that the man making "black hole" bullets left the business. No idea where to find him now. Maybe someone else might know.

#2). Mr. Corbin, Dave --on his web site(s); corbins.com-- has tons of information on making all sorts of bullets. This sort of base is/was common on pistol bullets expected to expand to fill the bore, made of lead mainly... And military bullets with the closed end of the jacket forward look like this if you crimp a metal plate under the edges of the jacket.

Mr. D. Corbin also has several books on the site for review, free download (without pictures...) etc. Great place to start.

Obviously, Mr. Corbin sells the dies and presses to make bullets of all sorts. You will see many a "pitch." His brother is in the same business and little quicker service, fewer customers...?? rceco.com (Richard Corbin.)

60 grain .20? You would need a very fast twist. Mr. Ackley wrote of a 125 grain .22 (.224 or .228???) by Mr. Barnes. I think the twist was 1 in 6. Lots of retained energy but with the small base to push on, low initial velocity. To each his own. Happy holidays. luck. Happy trails.
Old 12-05-2007, 06:57 PM
Supporting Member

If you can make a 60 grain I'll be happy to test it for you. I haven't been able to make one that size with the jackets I currently have and don't have much interest in trimming longer jackets to length.

Michael