Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2017, 03:56 PM
Supporting Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ae35gunner
Default OT Sen Kaine Staffer Response to Atty General Confirmation Request

Gentlemen,
I do not often post here as we all have opinions...BUT when facts are presented about the disrespectful arrogance with which citizens are treated by our elected officials I feel you all are entitled to know them and make up your own minds. The following is a copy of my response to Sen Tim Kaine's office regarding my interaction with one of his staffer's when I called to seek his vote to confirm Sen Jeff Sessions as Attourney General. The text of my letter says it all. Regards, Charlie

For the Honorable Tim Kaine...I called your office this morning (1/24/2017) at approx 9:20AM and spoke with one of your staff members regarding my plea that you to stop playing partisan politics and vote to confirm Sen. Jeff Sessions as Attorney General. Sen. Sessions has been your esteemed colleague for some time, and someone whom you should know very well by now. My point being that if you had no problem with confirming either Eric Holder or Loretta Lynch, whom you probably knew far less about, then you should surely have no problem at all with Sen. Sessions' confirmation. Your satffer's final response to me prior to termination of the call was "Yeah, whatever", instead of the usual, courteous "Thank you for your call". Being a parent, grandparent, and great grandparent I find that the attitudes of our children typically reflect those of their parents. Additionally, as a retired Navy Chief Warrant Officer, having come up through the enlisted ranks to receive my commission, I know that those who give respect are those who typically receive it back in kind. Senator, having observed you for some time now, I can only conclude that the disrespectful, arrogant attitude displayed by your staffer is, indeed, an accurate reflection of the overall attitude tolerated and espoused by your office toward your constituents with whom you may not agree. Shamefully small behavior for a sitting U. S. Senator. Should you find your staffer's behavior unacceptable, I would assume that you have the spine to get to the bottom of this issue and discipline and/or retrain him in the proper respectful behavior toward your constituency. I await your reply.
Old 01-24-2017, 04:51 PM
Supporting Member

Charlie I hate to say it as accurate as your assessment of the situation is but I'll lay odds that if you get a response it'll just be to add you the Kaine's newsletter that he sends his constituents and he'll probably start asking you for political donations.
At least that was my experience when I wrote an email to our Senator Jon Testor and told him he was in way over his flat top haircut supporting Potato-heads healthcare plans. He sent me a Newsletter saying how the Republicans we trying to destroy Social Security and Medicare I still get his monthly newsletter however his pleading for financial support has gone unanswered .
They don't care what we think Charlie, they are all about the Party. IMO President Trump's inaugural hit things right on the head and that's why the Dims are attacking him over it. It is like Joseph Goebbels line about the"Big Lie" (possibly created by Hitler but Goebbels made it famous. See if this sound familiar? The second half is particularly pertinent when you watch the "mainstream" media deal with republicans!"

"QUOTE"

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”

Rachel MadCow, Chuck Todd, Chris Mathews, Ed Schultz.

Sorry kinda lost it there for a minute .
Have a good-un Charlie.
Old 01-24-2017, 06:06 PM

I pretty much have no use for politicians or the system they have created. They focus on getting reelected and keeping their cushy positions, not on what their constituents need/want. We need some sort of term limits.
Old 01-24-2017, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdunham View Post
... We need some sort of term limits.
I agree completely. Question is: How the hell do we get the U.S Senate and the U.S. House of Representatives to vote term limits on themselves.

When pigs fly, maybe??????????????
Old 01-24-2017, 11:05 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dungheap View Post
I agree completely. Question is: How the hell do we get the U.S Senate and the U.S. House of Representatives to vote term limits on themselves.

When pigs fly, maybe??????????????
Article v Convention of States.......republicans control 32 states....need 38 states to do an end run around congress.....and ammend the constitutuion . We need term limits and balanced budget ammendment for starters.......
Old 01-24-2017, 11:06 PM

Maybe we should not wait for them to do term limit themselves, with the modern communication and connections that we now have maybe we can do it for them. We can put pressure on those that donate money to their re-election committees, provide better candidates for people to choose and keep the pressure on. It does mean that we need to get more involved than we have in the past. This past election I volunteered more, and did more than I have ever done before. I found it interesting and while not exactly fun certainly worth doing. I watched votes being counted for several weeks for both the primary and the election, It is kind of like watching paint dry but I learned a lot about how the elections really work. We the deplorables have more power than anyone ever thought. We can make a difference.

Lowell

Quote by THOMAS JEFFERSON
Old 01-25-2017, 10:32 AM

Gunner, I live in VA too. We have two worthless partisan Senators. They get elected because of Northern VA and probably tidewater. It's a shame our state is caught up like this, but we aren't alone/ MD and CA are exactly the same.

But we have hope. Laura Ingram is supposed to run against him in '18. If Trump delivers as we all hope he will, then the wave of conservatism will continue to sweep.
Old 01-25-2017, 01:16 PM
Supporting Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ae35gunner

Too bad that those who gravitate to Washington, DC to be part of the "political hack" crowd aren't REQUIRED BY LAW to have to live there (within the District of Columbia) as well. Instead, these transplanted dregs of society end up living in either MD or VA, and because of better taxes, lower crime, etc. the majority seem to end up in VA in Alexandria/Annandale/Arlington areas and Fairfax Co (just outside the beltway). Were these "carpetbaggers" to go back to their places of origin VA would be a deeply RED state FOREVER!! Down here in SW VA (Coal Country) Hillary supporters were virtually non-existent. We may be hillbillies, but we're far from stupid
Old 01-25-2017, 01:58 PM
Supporting Member

Every region of the country has it's interlopers...............

-BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine
Old 01-25-2017, 03:05 PM
Supporting Member

I took part in the ballot audit this cycle. Yeah, get involved. If you don't work for the G don't register Independent. Had a friend who refused to register to vote 'cause he didn't want to do jury duty. Bitched constantly about LBJ sending him to VN. Refused to see the connection.

I'm not in favor of term limits. We term limited the crooks this last cycle without it. Get involved. The state Farm Bureau puts on a 'candidate's workshop' every spring. Gonna do it this year and may run for the school board. We went through six superintendents in a 38 month period a while ago, then they promoted from within (finance director) and everything is bluebird weather now. I interviewed for the vacancy and was asked 'who are your constituency?' "The taxpayers of the district."
End of interview.