Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 08-13-2017, 11:58 AM

Default Huskemaw Scopes

Anybody have any experience with the Huskemaw Blue Diamond scopes? Looking at the 5>20 for a 6.5 Creedmoor.
Old 08-13-2017, 01:58 PM

Do they still have the 1/3" clicks.

They don't seem to have the following such as Nightforce.
Old 08-13-2017, 03:08 PM

I just happen to come across them on the web yesterday. Know nothing about them other than their website and the reviews.
Old 08-13-2017, 03:37 PM

Some of their fame comes from the show "Best of the West" show that puts the hard sale on Huskemaw scope and Best of the West rifles.

High dollar around $8,000.00 plus for the rifle, scope and ammo set up ready to go.

Nothing magical about them. One of my friends son about 12 at the time, gave a couple of guys that were bragging on their Best of the West custom rifles a shooting lesson with his Dad's rebarreled Remington 700. Things got quiet after that.

Hal
Old 08-13-2017, 05:41 PM

I have one of there older ones on a 6.5x300WSM that tracks perfectly. I have taken 3 bulls and 2 bucks at pretty respectable distances. As my eyes are aging though I'm wishing I had a little more scope power than 20X. It took me a year by the time the gun was built, worked my load up shot it to 1,000 yds I talked with Aaron Davidson when he was there and had my turret made by my data not using a Balistic calculator. I don't think people reliaze that you also have to use the same range finder that you use to calibrate your turret that's why I don't trust Ballistic calculators 100% not all range finders read the same at long distance and at long range a few yards is a miss or worse yet a cripple. No matter what gun you have alot comes down to the nut behind the trigger and know your limitations I have turned down shots that I felt were not right.
Old 08-13-2017, 07:25 PM

I was kinda looking at their 5-20x50. Price seems to be reasonable. Comparable to a Leupold. I not sure where the Huskemaw is made, hopefully USA. Still in the early stages.
Old 08-17-2017, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogdown View Post
I was kinda looking at their 5-20x50. Price seems to be reasonable. Comparable to a Leupold. I not sure where the Huskemaw is made, hopefully USA. Still in the early stages.
I own several, and agree with L.Sherm - they are an excellent hunting optic:
my sole criticism is the 1/3rd MOA (0.1Mil) clicks - I'd prefer finer. However, for game coyote sized and up, they are great performers. I have used them on all of my hunting rifles since 2007.

During extensive [pre-hunt] testing, all of mine have tracked dead straight, and have proven reliably repeatable over a wide range of random elevation adjustments. Each fall, on our first day in the hunting area (RANCH), we shoot on IBS 600Yd. targets, out to 700Yd.The reticle is simple and fast - very nice for hunting applications. All the while, we are measuring conditions, and getting a correlation with our specific range-finders . . . for a given rifle/load & rangefinder, it's deadly.

I do not obtain the custom turret knobs, but rather, simple MOA elevation calculations for the loads - usually, as time permits, for relatively long shots, I range, gather the atmospheric conditions, and, per above, calculate a pretty precise solution, dial for elevation, hold for [light-moderate] wind, and shoot coyotes, pronghorns, and mule deer, DRT out to a fair piece.

Huskemaw are made in Japan - probably by Lite Optics. All of mine are 5-20x50 version. Good shootin'! RG

Last edited by Randy Robinett; 08-17-2017 at 02:37 AM.