Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 09-23-2019, 01:57 PM
Supporting Member

Default OT - for those so inclined, the Season Starts Now!!

Well it actually starts next week as the Stros still have six regular season games left. Now playing those games for the AL best record to enter the playoffs which gives home team advantage to the team with the best record.

A 3-peat for the Stros as AL West winners..........!! Hopefully the playoffs will go better for the Astros this year.

https://www.mlb.com/news/astros-clin...division-title

-BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine
Old 09-23-2019, 02:53 PM

Sports is useless mind rot. Never in my life have I felt people more worthless than when they are arguing over their sports teams. If this was a post about hockey, at least it could be forgivable.

Last edited by orkan; 09-23-2019 at 03:26 PM.
Old 09-23-2019, 03:30 PM

Well, after a strong push, the mighty Rockies are only 33 games out. Hopefully, someone will take care of the Dodgers in the first round.

And yes, I know what OT means. I clicked it anyway. I didn't have to, but I did.
Old 09-23-2019, 04:59 PM
Supporting Member

LOL....!! I saw this earlier but didn't have time to comment. Sadly it looks like orkan decided to delete the best part of his post so probably only a few saw it.

I'm almost skeered spitless to admit that we're on the second tee waiting for the green to clear ahead of us.....

To the Rockies fan, thanks for explaining what OT means.. Gotta go....

-BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine
Old 09-23-2019, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayou City Boy View Post
LOL....!! I saw this earlier but didn't have time to comment. Sadly it looks like orkan decided to delete the best part of his post so probably only a few saw it.

I'm almost skeered spitless to admit that we're on the second tee waiting for the green to clear ahead of us.....

To the Rockies fan, thanks for explaining what OT means.. Gotta go....

-BCB
You mean the part about if I wanted to read useless drivel about sports and their idiotic followers... I'd go to a sports forum?
Old 09-24-2019, 03:45 AM

Location: Blasted hellish frozen Northern wastelands, AKA Minnesota

Quote:
Originally Posted by orkan View Post
Sports is useless mind rot.
(Organized, overblown, USA type, mega budget pro) sports have ONE god point as far as I'm concerned.

They pay people like me to do fireworks, pyrotechnics and special effects at the venues. (Or did, until those dumb #$%&s in Tennessee last week set the astroturf on fire, NFL decided pyro is out for a while now- Maybe for good)

I usually have an all areas pass, some people seem to think that is a perk? Not me. As soon as I get past the opening festivities, halftime show, team entrance or whatever aspect of the "game" I'm supposed to be making more interesting (and have any left over fuels, cryogenic gasses or pyrotechnic effects safe & equipment is clean and stored), I AM OUT OF THERE. I mean, how often would YOU hang around YOUR day job on a weekend day with absolutely nothing interesting to see or do? Especially if it meant having to drive home from work in the middle of a Brazilian crazy, tipsy fools?

Highschool games are actually mildly amusing. Looking at NFL proceedings just makes me think about the declining days of the roman empire.

Last edited by bert2368; 09-24-2019 at 03:49 AM.