Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 09-24-2021, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxhunter View Post
that's exactly why i have a 20 vartarg and a 20 tactical. if they are beyond 400 yards god intended for them to live and multiply.
After shooting my 6 CM at 1000 yds. , I think I found the answer to the question of them living and multiplying.
Old 09-24-2021, 01:12 AM

I concur with 410, I never built my 20Nitro with any intention of shooting anything with it inside 500 yards ive got a whole safe full of guns 20 cals that are capable of that.
Old 09-24-2021, 01:21 AM

Send a message via AIM to foxhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 410gauge View Post
foxhunter, ! Your type are the reason I very seldom make a comment on the forum. l. 410gauge
not sure how to take that comment. i will say my cataracts won't let me see beyond 450 yards much less shoot something at that distance.
Old 09-24-2021, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Sherm View Post
My first choice would be the new 400 steel that Bartlein is using now I gotta believe other manufacturers will start soon also.
I dont think Bartlein is making 20 cals unfortunately.
I reached out to Frank to get the straight up scoop on Bartlein 20 caliber barrels, in all materials, and this is what Frank told me.

"If you want one regardless of the material type...we probably will make a run of them before the year is over. So if you want one...put your order in now. We only run them like once a year especially now with the demand for everything being over the top. 20cal to begin with isn't a high demand caliber/barrel. At best we only ran them twice a year.

After this next run....I don't know when the next one will be."

So, if anyone is interested in a Bartlein 20cal barrel of any type steel, now would be the time to order it.

When I had my 20-250 built I ordered two 8tw Krieger barrels so I'd have a spare but now I'm kind of wishing I didn't have that spare barrel sitting on the shelf because I'd be ordering one of Frank's 20cal barrels in their 400MODBB steel just to see if they do last longer and shoot just as well. I have no complaints about my Krieger barrels though because my 20-250 with the Berger 55's is a lazer beam.
Old 09-24-2021, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B23 View Post
I reached out to Frank to get the straight up scoop on Bartlein 20 caliber barrels, in all materials, and this is what Frank told me.

"If you want one regardless of the material type...we probably will make a run of them before the year is over. So if you want one...put your order in now. We only run them like once a year especially now with the demand for everything being over the top. 20cal to begin with isn't a high demand caliber/barrel. At best we only ran them twice a year.

After this next run....I don't know when the next one will be."

So, if anyone is interested in a Bartlein 20cal barrel of any type steel, now would be the time to order it.

When I had my 20-250 built I ordered two 8tw Krieger barrels so I'd have a spare but now I'm kind of wishing I didn't have that spare barrel sitting on the shelf because I'd be ordering one of Frank's 20cal barrels in their 400MODBB steel just to see if they do last longer and shoot just as well. I have no complaints about my Krieger barrels though because my 20-250 with the Berger 55's is a lazer beam.
Good info!
Old 09-25-2021, 05:39 PM

If you guys could design a gun with any arrangement, for example multiple revolving chambers, gain twist barrels or polygon rifling, what could potentially reduce the wear enouth for long strings of shots?

Would revolving chambers ( like an autocannon) keep the throat cool or just the chambers?

What about a gain twist barrel where the first 6 inches is smoothbore - and very tough steel
Old 09-25-2021, 08:03 PM

Don't over think this, get one of Bartliens 400 steel barrels Frank is saying 1.5- 2 times more barrel life.
Old 09-26-2021, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich View Post
If you guys could design a gun with any arrangement, for example multiple revolving chambers, gain twist barrels or polygon rifling, what could potentially reduce the wear enouth for long strings of shots?

Would revolving chambers ( like an autocannon) keep the throat cool or just the chambers?

What about a gain twist barrel where the first 6 inches is smoothbore - and very tough steel
Barrels are cheap.......... SHOOT!
Old 09-26-2021, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Sherm View Post
Don't over think this, get one of Bartliens 400 steel barrels Frank is saying 1.5- 2 times more barrel life.
Yeah that X2!

Get one and do like Wiserfool suggested, go shoot the heck out of it. As they say, those barrels are threaded on for a reason.
Old 10-13-2021, 04:58 AM
Supporting Member

Kinda tough to pick a single round and say for certain how far "everyone can shoot with it". This is from a .20 Dasher using 40 grain V-Max's. The average speed you'll note is "4210 FPS".
100 yard group.

How far can I shoot with it? These were right at 500 yards, note the damage a .20 caliber is doing at 500. Is that as far as I can or anyone else can pop a rockchuck with it? I've done farther with it now and I'm sure a lot a you guys can do better shooting then that.
I don't think this is a question there is a solid answer to but that's just my take.

P.S.
That is a 40X Remington Greg Tannel threw the kitchen sink at. I have shot it very little cause I don't want to toast the throat on it cause I'll be sell'n it soon, along with some other stuff.
Enough outta me.