Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 11-22-2021, 05:32 AM
Supporting Member

I have a few CZs but they always made very few LH guns and have made progressively less of them. In reality their dropping the 527 will have little affect on me, Mauser style actions are getting fewer all the time due to the cost to produce them. Blame the customer. The vast majority want to pay 500 bucks for a gun, how the hell is anyone supposed to build quality at that price point. There is a reason why those of us that are serious own more and more custom rifles, the factory ones keep dropping in quality to meet the demands of the masses. I have loaded up on LH Zastava actions so I have options for the future.
Old 11-23-2021, 12:42 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
I have a few CZs but they always made very few LH guns and have made progressively less of them. In reality their dropping the 527 will have little affect on me, Mauser style actions are getting fewer all the time due to the cost to produce them. Blame the customer. The vast majority want to pay 500 bucks for a gun, how the hell is anyone supposed to build quality at that price point. There is a reason why those of us that are serious own more and more custom rifles, the factory ones keep dropping in quality to meet the demands of the masses. I have loaded up on LH Zastava actions so I have options for the future.
IMO, a very good summation of the current factory rifle business.

-BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine
Old 11-25-2021, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john300exc View Post
No mention of any Hornet offerings. Three receiver sizes, one called a Mini.

https://sportingclassicsdaily.com/ne...eid=5d95af942e
I think that it is a big mistake to discontinue the 527. I won't buy the new rifle. I have one LH 527 and will probably at some time try to find another.

The 11th Commandment: Thou shallt not fold thy Pizza.

Products that I am looking for but can't seem to find no matter how hard I look:
Leopold Scopes, Forester reloading equipment and Victorianox knives.

I video recorded all of my Highpower Rifle matches. Pretty soon I am going to watch them all in reverse order so that I can watch those F Class guys GO HOME and leave us alone so that we can shoot Highpower Rifle.