Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Other Forums and Resources > Classifieds
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2017, 08:50 PM

Default 700 stainless single shot actions @ Buds

Buds has stainless single shot Rem 700 SA(308 bolt face) in stock at a cash price of $402.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...IVER+SA+SINGLE
Old 07-22-2017, 11:52 PM

2 weeks ago they were $396 !! I have been thinking about buying one but have decided just to hang onto my 40X receiver for now. I would love SS but $435 buys a nice bbl and reamer
Old 07-23-2017, 12:13 AM

PT&G

Were selling some Remington SS actions blue printed and fitted with their coned bolt for somewhere around the same money.

Hal
Old 07-23-2017, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal View Post
PT&G

Were selling some Remington SS actions blue printed and fitted with their coned bolt for somewhere around the same money.

Hal
That was an amazing deal but I have multiple factory bolts and would like to be able to use them in what ever rec I buy.
Old 07-23-2017, 06:22 PM

PT&G grinds their bolts to a tight fit on reamed actions, removing the sloppiness of the standard factory bolt. The replacement bolts also have a coned bolt face to ease feeding.

Hal
Old 07-24-2017, 03:53 AM

PTG originally bought 2000 receivers from remington at a very good price and passed this savings on to the consumer as a combo that included their bolt and an action truing. These 1000 ( the other 1000 went to the military )have now been sold out and now the new pricing reflects the new pricing that is the norm.
Old 08-06-2017, 03:04 AM

Has anyone here used the stainless single shot action to build from? Sure been thinking about one.
Old 08-06-2017, 05:12 AM

PT&G now has these as low as 422.90 with fitted PT&G bolt, and receivers blueprinted. Have not used one of these, but did build a couple on the ones Brownells sold some year or so ago. Saw no difference between those and 40X actions except the model stamping. They were not quite finished on the outside; sharp edges needed slight deburring with a stone and while not bead blasted, they required some light polishing to look their best. Still a great bargain. Not long ago, your option for a single shot Rem. action was finding a used 40X action which was usually around $550-600 or a complete rifle cheap enough to use the action.
Old 08-06-2017, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBS View Post
P Not long ago, your option for a single shot Rem. action was finding a used 40X action which was usually around $550-600 or a complete rifle cheap enough to use the action.
don't forget about the xr 100 action as well. 1/2 in shorter bolt. single shot receiver. for me and varminting, the thumb hole stock gives my wrist a break on the angle that you have on a standard stock. I currently have 4 in my varmint stash of guns and they are definitely some of my favorites.
Old 08-06-2017, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckshooter View Post
don't forget about the xr 100 action as well. 1/2 in shorter bolt. single shot receiver. for me and varminting, the thumb hole stock gives my wrist a break on the angle that you have on a standard stock. I currently have 4 in my varmint stash of guns and they are definitely some of my favorites.
Was thinking of the 700 SA length, as that was the subject; but the XR is good also (have a couple) as is the old single shot XP's (have a couple). Just a lot easier to find a variety of stocks for the 700 SA length.