Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 08-12-2017, 11:26 PM

Default OT heads up

If any of you are waterfowl hunters and have a local gander mountain closing near by I got a great deal. All ammo is 40% off, and federal has a rebate on their fs steel. It usually runs 20-24 per box of 25. The rebate is 7.50 per box. If my math is right for a 20 dollar box I paid about 4.50 I ended up with 15 box's, that's 300 dollars of ammo for roughly 67 dollars. They have 12 and 20 gauge . This deal will never happen again and you can't buy the cheapest garbage steel shot for this price. Be sure to check the details of the rebate on federal site the ammo has to be purchased in a certain time and watch your product codes. Just a heads up.
"I came that they may have life and have it abundantly" John 10:10
Old 08-13-2017, 01:20 AM

From the looks of the parking lot the past few days, our nearest Gander Mountain has already put the padlock on the building. Didn't miss a thing, but thanks for posting for those in the market.
Old 08-20-2017, 10:26 PM

So the local gander mountain closed today. They had 40 boxes of 17 fireball ammo And wouldn't discount them further to me yesterday. They sold today for 6 dollars a box... I was late getting there and a guy who doesn't own a rifle in that caliber bought it all.......
"I came that they may have life and have it abundantly" John 10:10
Old 08-21-2017, 01:42 AM

Man,
I wish I had a Gander near Oregon. Oh well, guess I really ended up saving money.
Old 08-21-2017, 04:11 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 260Ackley View Post
So the local gander mountain closed today. They had 40 boxes of 17 fireball ammo And wouldn't discount them further to me yesterday. They sold today for 6 dollars a box... I was late getting there and a guy who doesn't own a rifle in that caliber bought it all.......
I live in an area where there are/were three Gander stores within roughly 10 +/- miles of my home. Two of them are closed already and one is to close soon and supposedly re-birth itself in October as whatever the new owners are all about.

I looked several times in the waning days of the two closed stores, and sadly nothing ever get low enough to consider buying as a real bargain even though I heard that the shelves in both stores had cleared by the time the stores closed.

You mentioned 17 FB ammunition for $6 per box. Several months ago I bought 123 boxes at a non-Gander location for less than that per box and the guy who sold it to me is still very much in business. He simply said that 17 FB ammunition was a total non-mover for him and that it had been that way going clear back to just after Remington released the rifles and ammunition. Basically a case of supply and demand not matching. Something which many loyal small caliber folks here can't fathom being the case anywhere, but it is reality.

There may be a few bargains to be had as these stores die off one by one, but their deaths are definitely not untimely nor will their absence be grieved very long in the scheme of things.

BTW - I gave some of the ammo to a friend who said he really didn't need it... ....but took it anyway, and with some of the rest I spent a rainy afternoon awhile back popping and salvaging bullets and primed brass from some of it so I can reload the cases how I want them loaded. The powder became fertilizer. The remaining stuff I'll probably shoot on an upcoming pd trip.

JMO - BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine