Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Other Forums and Resources > Cartridge Collecting, Small caliber cases exchange.

Old 01-28-2009, 09:55 PM

Default new collector looking for small stuff.

hello all, my name is marty, and i collect cartridges. i have over 200 so far, and am looking to add some small bores to the mix. i aminterested in anything i can get, and will pay to get them. i just want as many different things as i can get. i am particularly interested in the bill eichelberger rounds, and any othere wildcat rounds you gentlemen may have. please contact me and let me know what i can do to get ahold of some rounds.

by the way, live or dummy, makes no difference to me. i will post a picture of my collection if you guys would like.

thanks in advance,

marty
Old 01-29-2009, 01:03 AM
Supporting Member

Marty if you are here in the US I will send you some at no charge. A pic of your collection would be neat for me to see how ya did it
Old 01-29-2009, 11:44 PM

yes, i am in the U.S. here is a pic of what i have so far, as you can see, if this keeps up, i will need to build another one.

what do you have anyways? i am really looking forward to adding some small bores. thanks again.

marty
Old 01-31-2009, 03:23 AM
Supporting Member

Very nice display and very similar to mine but if I go to grab one sometimes I knock off a bunch. I have been looking at making mine with enough spacing to label each one and maybe seat a metal insert in the primer pocket to keep it from falling over???

Send me you mailing address gw3352297 a twindstream.net

Not sure what all I have for ya and not sure how soon I can get this done but hopefully will get it mailed out in a week (or so)…. Got quite more going on right now than I can keep up with. The postmaster told me that I should just open my own office, boy that’d be handy! LOL
Old 01-31-2009, 03:49 AM

ok, i will shoot you an e mail tomorrow. i gotta get some sleep right now. gotta get up at 3:30 to go to work. new schedule, and i am not used to it yet.
Old 02-01-2009, 06:09 PM

hey wenzl, i tried to send you an e mail, but it got rejected. should i just send you a private message?
Old 02-01-2009, 06:54 PM
Supporting Member

yes or click on my name and you can send an e-mail that way either way will work... being a fat 2 finger type’r I got the space in the wrong place. If you remove the space, a, space and the t so the last part is at windstream.net it should go through sorry for the inconvenience.

I ended here at home this weekend instead of Phoenix and found a few things I had made up a long time ago for the board.

20 BR
17 PPC Short
The stuff below in all nickel plated
17 Rem
17 AH
17 Squirrel & Minks (they are made but need to trim necks to length yet)
22 Hornet
22 K-Hornet

If I get time (that is a big if right now) I will make some shorter version 17s that are based on the 223 bolt face. I am pretty sure that I do not have any but will look to see if I have any x-cases for the 17 Jet, 17 & 20 Killer Bee and a rimmed 17 Mach IV. Will also look for a 17 CCM case with a stretched primer pocket (I think that I gave most of them away though and seldom ruin a case anymore). And hopefully will find a 17 Short Magnum (My own lil babe) I have never ruined a case for the 5mm Mag centerfire but could send you a rimfire version empty case if you like (from centurion ammo)

Last edited by GLWenzl; 02-01-2009 at 06:57 PM.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:29 AM

Wow!!!!!!

That is impressive!!!

I really like your presentation case, nice work!

Glenn
Old 02-03-2009, 01:16 AM

thanks glenn. its the result of several years of collecting, and mostly due to the generosity of others. i can never thank them enough.

wanna add something to it?
Old 02-13-2009, 09:17 PM

Send me an email with your mailing info and I will send you a .17 KH, .17 BR, .17 and .22 CCM along with a .22 Squirrel...do you have a 5.6 x 50 magnum or 6x47? Can add those if you want...