Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 01-22-2013, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L461 View Post
Another member here from Downunder cam_mackps2 has a 17 fireball on an L461 that is unmodified that seems to feed very well.

Barry I am no scientist but have noticed that calici seems to work better with a wetter summer season.I have read where John has moved his shop out to the Blue Mountains
After taking the photos for you i had problems with the last round not feeding too well. Might have switched the springs between the two followers but after some minor tweaking of the spring to put more pressure on the front end (chamber end) of the follower it is back feeding fine.
I have replaced my magazine with a new magazine box and works with 2 different followers & springs (one being brand new). So unless the action was modified before i bought the rifle secondhand it should be completely stock.

About the rabbits. I have been told that the rabbit population in Vic is on the rise because they didn't release calici virus this year. The reason behind this was the rabbits were building up an immunity to it. If the info i have been told is correct expect the virus to be released again in 2015, this should hit the rabbit population better than it has been. In the meantime happy varminting.