Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 06-11-2018, 12:05 AM

Default CZ 527 magazine spring

I managed to lose one of my CZ 527 223 Remington 5 round magazine springs. During a gopher shoot one of my magazines stopped working. I replaced it with another and disassembled the stopped one to fix it. I laid the magazine components along my thigh ( I was sitting on a folding camp chair shooting over cross sticks). When the action picked back up I resumed shooting and when another lull occurred turned my attention back to the magazine. To my dismay the spring had taken off for parts unknown. No amount of looking could turn up the spring in the winter killed grass. I contacted CZ about a replacement but they only sell whole magazines not components. So does anyone know of a source of CZ 527 magazine springs?
Old 06-11-2018, 07:47 PM

I did the same thing with a Sako Magazine. It only took me +2 months of constant searching and $140 to resolve my issue. Might I suggest you simply buy a new magazine (cheap and readily available), and save yourself the frustration effort of compulsively searching the internet for hours every night to locate this one part.
Old 06-11-2018, 09:52 PM

I have a few other CZ 527 223 magazines at home already. It just annoys me having 90% of a magazine that's useless as anything but spare parts. You mentioned a Sako mag hunt, I learned this lesson with a Kimber 82 Hornet. Always buy spare mags when there available.
Old 06-11-2018, 11:33 PM

Like the Oso polaris said ealier it would be cheaper and less time consuming if you get a new magazine.
Old 06-12-2018, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david s View Post
I have a few other CZ 527 223 magazines at home already. It just annoys me having 90% of a magazine that's useless as anything but spare parts. You mentioned a Sako mag hunt, I learned this lesson with a Kimber 82 Hornet. Always buy spare mags when there available.
Guns that I don't love still get at least 3 mags (1 for gun, 1 spare, 1 to loose). Guns I love get at least 5.
Old 06-12-2018, 10:56 AM

What Oso said...
Old 06-12-2018, 01:05 PM

I did a search, could not find one except maybe in Australia. Like others have said, this is probably not worth the stress and aggravation.

The 11th Commandment: Thou shallt not fold thy Pizza.

Products that I am looking for but can't seem to find no matter how hard I look:
Leopold Scopes, Forester reloading equipment and Victorianox knives.

I video recorded all of my Highpower Rifle matches. Pretty soon I am going to watch them all in reverse order so that I can watch those F Class guys GO HOME and leave us alone so that we can shoot Highpower Rifle.
Old 06-12-2018, 11:00 PM

There has to be someone around that tried to shorten one up to a flush magazine and wrecked the body?
Old 06-13-2018, 01:41 AM

This is one of those things that I didn't think was going to be all that hard. I figured to contact CZ and be done with it. When that plan went south you try the normal sources Brownells, Wolff Springs, Numeric Arms, Jack First. Nada. I did find the Australian dealer who has the spring listed for $19 (AU) dollars so they do exist. There is also a place in Europe called Hubertus that listed them. After no luck state side it was time to float a trial balloon on a couple of forums to see if my luck could be changed. At least, as a couple of you have pointed out, the magazines are readily available.
Old 06-13-2018, 09:16 AM

If you had time you could always build a spring. I took my mag apart to have a look and it is just a wire Spring and not a flat Spring. I have built several mags now and do not recommend the experience but it could be done. Music wire and a form would be a start. At the end of the day it would be easier to buy a new one but where is the fun in that.

Bill