Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 11-19-2018, 11:04 PM
Supporting Member

Default OT: Travel suggestion

Went to the big city over the w/e. Managed to lose the phone.

If you have subscription account, you have a PIN. And you need that PIN to suspend or cancel your phone. Account number, billing credit card and address, nothing is usable to keep the person who finds your phone from using it. Keep the PIN in your glove box or somewhere. It doesn't do you any good at home. Fortunately my phone didn't call Paris for six hours Saturday.
Old 11-19-2018, 11:22 PM

Keep your PIN in the glove box? You're kidding, right? I keep mine in my head. It's written nowhere and shouldn't be. Someone gets my phone, they'll have to a gun to my head to have me there to unlock it.
Old 11-20-2018, 06:07 AM
Supporting Member

Not kidding. In the decades I've had this account, I've used the PIN twice; when I set up the account and now. Having at home wasn't useful and I had to random access the various numbers in my past to figure it out.
Old 11-20-2018, 02:13 PM
Supporting Member

This sounds like a perfect example of the 6 P Principle not being applied in a proactive manner.

-BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine
Old 11-20-2018, 02:20 PM

ok BCB I hate it when someone makes me think that hard so early in the morning, good point
Old 11-21-2018, 06:23 AM
Board Sponsor

Quote:
Keep your PIN in the glove box? You're kidding, right? I keep mine in my head.
Yeah....um I have two thoughts here. If you use the same pin for everything it is the same issue as using the same password for everything. All someone needs to do it get it right once and they have all your data.

2nd thought is that like passwords, you end up needing at least a bag of 10 and change them on a regular schedule. And, um, I forget who I am some days so trying to keep even 2 or 3 in my head and changed every 2-3 months is a dang high hurdle to jump.

I keep them written down in my floor safe so I don't loose them and use a biometric adapter for the computer to login. These days they are dirt cheap and can be purchased from any computer or office supply store. The only issue is that I HIGHLY recommend that you scan all 10 fingers as some of the lower cost ones will error if you have a good size cut on a finger.

I keep mine Pin to a specific date, but not one that could be guessed easily. In other words it is not my birthday or anyone I know Bday, or anniversary, or anything like that. It is something I'll never forget but of all the dates of any significance in my life, you'd be better off just running every possible combination than trying to social engineer it. That is pretty hard for most folks, but any of you combat vets have a similiar date cemented in your head for one reason or another.
http://shop.reedsammo.com Online store
info@reedsammo.com