Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 06-12-2019, 09:27 PM

You might try J & J ammo boxes, they have something for a lot of rifle
and pistol cartridges and even foam inserts/covers.
I use the 100 round 6/7mm for my PPC rounds and have been pleased with their product.
Regards,

Joe McNeill
SW Arkansas
Old 06-12-2019, 09:51 PM

I use berry's 404 or Frankford 504, bullet down. if you are really concerned, you can flip over to transport. but I would always forget. 504 also works good for vartarg and the 404 works for hornet cases.
Old 06-13-2019, 12:07 AM

Default Bee ammo box

Hey BAM, I use Cabela’s 100 round 223 boxes, bullet up using 40V. A little snug but works, I haven’t seen any other box work very well. Boy my Ruger #1 sure stacks them 40V’s.😁
Old 06-13-2019, 01:11 AM

http://jandjproducts.com/proddetail.php?prod=LR-175

Theses are what I like. Dunno if they will hold a hornet case well or not. I use
Them for 30-20, 357 Maximum, 17 fireball and a few others. I have a half
Dozen and am tempted to order another half dozen.

I have dropped them open and closed and never broke one. Also with the foam liner there is no rattle nor do they fall out when tipped over opened.

I have tried a bunch of boxes over the years and these have served me very well. Not cheap, but the hinged lid is a hinge and not a folded piece of plastic that brakes off after a few years or at the worst time ever.

Was at a match quite a few years ago. Shooting two guns of the same caliber, case and bullet, different load. Both boxes of ammo were dropped and mixed up after spilling out. Gent there happened to have a scale with him he let me use to sort them out by weight. He showed me these and I ordered a half dozen when I got home. Been in service now that I think of it over 25 years. Damn I am getting old..........
Jeff
Old 06-13-2019, 03:52 AM

I was referring to the MTM p100 boxes my brass wouldn't really fit in them bullet up and the COL (40Vmax) is too long and the lid won't close... Tried the 44 mag boxes the height is OK but they are fairly loose..... all the other boxes 504 404, you have to load with the bullet down. Killingstick 's cabelas boxes seem to work OK but they are the older ones not sure if the current ones will work, guess i'll have to look into that.
Old 06-14-2019, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckshooter View Post
I use berry's 404 or Frankford 504, bullet down. if you are really concerned, you can flip over to transport. but I would always forget. 504 also works good for vartarg and the 404 works for hornet cases.
It looks like Frankford Arsenal ammo boxes are gone. MidwayUSA says they don't currently carry them. Too bad, I really liked the Frankford 504.

On the MidwayUSA site I see a new National Metallic brand that looks similar to Frankford, but they only come in smoke color.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/10...mo-box-plastic
Old 06-14-2019, 11:48 PM

Bee has a .408" rim might not fit some 223 sized boxes bullet up. Hornet has a .350" rim. Might have to use a J&J 6BR and a thin piece of foam.

The Berry's Hornet 50 rd is perfect for Fireball.